Project Manager or Event Project Manager
£30k - £50k depending on experience.
Our client is a compelling, global brand experience agency who create meaningful experiences worldwide. Working across brand strategy and experience design, exhibits and branded environments, live events, and experiential marketing campaigns.
Event Project Manager
ROLE PROFILE AND PURPOSE
The role holder will already have a specific experience in provisioning medium scale brand experiences and exhibit projects – minimum 3 years. The role is responsible for the successful provision of such projects, ensuring the final execution is on brief, on time, on budget and delivered to the expected quality standard. Regular travel is to be expected based on the schedule of projects assigned.
Responsible for all aspects of the project working in conjunction with the Client Services lead and other members of the global team, this role requires a skilled multi-tasker, who owns all day-to-day project communications with the client and internal project teams, creating and delivering the project plan and managing the project timeline, non-technical supplier sourcing, selection and monitoring, while owning a profitable project budget from initial quote through to final reconciliation.
With good commercial understanding and financial management, the role holder will be required to manage projects directly to meet profitability targets and identify opportunities for economies of scale and upsell; responsible for the commercial integrity for any / all projects they are assigned to.
In addition to assigned projects you will collaborate closely with your Technical Production peers with a “one team” vision that we can be proud of through fulfilling the company mission of providing clients with a passionate, committed, and talented agency team, working in partnership to create and deliver meaningful brand experiences.
The role holder will take an interest in the latest developments in the market, in order to effectively present compelling and competitive solutions to client challenges. Flexibility, proactive problem-solving skills and strong verbal and written communications are essential.
· Acting as client liaison for all aspects of the project including working with the client and wider project team to define, approve and deliver against project deliverables and leading day to day communications to drive success across status, timelines, and budget
· Creating project estimates and maintaining working budgets, ensuring margins are monitored throughout via timely and accurate cost tracking to ensure full visibility of project financials
· Creating accurate and considered project timelines, spreadsheets and other systems / tools to manage people and tasks, communicating effectively. Oversee, control and take responsibility for all assigned project actions
· Ensuring travel plans for all project resource are implemented in order to be most cost effective and arranged within company process
· Working with the creative, account & technical production teams to ensure all client requests are understood and achieved within budget, location & regulatory constraints. Effectively communicate any change orders
· Sourcing, recommending, and managing non-technical suppliers to fulfil project deliverables including RFQ process, developing relationships with preferred suppliers and potential new suppliers as required, ensuring they meet required best practices / accuracy
· Delivering compliance in all project financial processes with regards to POs, invoicing, reconciliation, costs & estimates, timesheets and expenses including working across departments to track internal resource time / allocation estimates
· Creating & maintaining project cash flow forecasting, escalating promptly any risks around client non-payment / urgent supplier payments
· Compliance with HMRC required documentation submission to finance team as required (e.g., expenses process & receipts)
· Developing & maintaining contacts, knowledge, and best practices from across the industry so that competitive intelligence can be shared to ensure client goals are met in the most effective way.
· Managing relationships and workflow with other departments to maximise potential of clients’ work
· Promoting and maintaining safe working practices within the team and adhere to company polices and guidelines. Suggesting improvements to the Project Operations processes and best practice
· You are dedicated to providing the highest quality products and services which meet the needs and requirements of internal and external customers
· You are action oriented and full of energy for the things you see as challenging, turning these perceived problems into solutions with a growth mind-set approach
· You are easy to approach and talk to; spend the extra effort to put others at ease; build rapport and collaborate with peers and external contacts well; are a good listener
· You remain cool under pressure; do not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress and are looked to for guidance in a crisis
· You are good at establishing clear directions; set objectives and distribute the workload appropriately; lay out work in a well-planned and organised manner; maintain a two-way dialogue with others on work and results; provide the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team to actively drive collaboration
· You have the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a good level of accomplishment.
· You pursue everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish
· You can be counted on to meet goals successfully
· You will stand up and be counted and don't shirk personal responsibility
· You use your time effectively and efficiently; concentrate your efforts on the more important priorities and understand the importance of managing time across a project to deliver commercial return
The position would suit: Senior Event Manager, Senior Project Manager, Event Manager, Project Manager, Senior Projects Manager, Event Director, Event Lead, Events Lead, Events Project Manager, Event Project Manager, Project Manager Events, Operations Manager, Operations Project Manager, Event Project Manager, Project Manager, Project Manager, Event Manager, Event Project Manager, Event Coordinator, Senior Event Manager, Events Manager, Senior Events Manager, Event Manager.