Organisation in your bones?
Event Project Manager
Client: We are looking for a lively, fun live events Event Project Manager for a super cool, creative and caring client of ours. A full-service engagement agency delivering magic for audiences in virtual, hybrid and live events, strategy, content, production and technology. They are a communication, engagement and logistical agency for some of the world’s leading organizations.
Responsible for the planning and execution of varying size events from conception through to completion. Mentorship of junior members of the team and adherence to touch operational process.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
· Support the Account Lead with client relationship building
· Support the Account Lead at general Client meetings, calls and reviews as required
· Lead project specific client meetings and calls, potentially involving multiple agencies
· Lead reasonably complex projects ensuring the highest quality standards are upheld throughout the project’s life cycle, taking guidance from line manager
· Good understanding of the scope and project objectives and establish clear roles and responsibilities for project team members
· Set, communicate, and drive timelines and priorities within each project. Effectively notifying client and/or internal workstream of risks associated with not meeting deadlines and suggesting solutions to overcome challenges, with support from senior management as required
· Adhere to touch best practices and use of touch project management tools
· Lead regular project status meetings throughout project life cycle and ensure clear and fluid lines of communication between departments are deployed
· Build and maintain effective supplier relationships, manage contracting and ongoing communications with all third-party suppliers, leveraging volume discounts, undertaking contract reviews, and checking emergency procedures. Ensure all third-party suppliers understand the key event objectives and adhere to touch or client prescribed service levels.
· Maximise revenue opportunities on all projects (touch amplified services)
· Workstream management – good understanding of all workstream products, services, and responsibilities to effectively manage timelines for all workstreams internally as well as confidently manage client expectations/deadlines
· Project resource management – good understanding of project team capacity and effectively notify operations lead if any concerns re sufficient levels of support allocated to your job
· Lead onsite management of project (virtual or live) to include but not limited to
Conduct full staff briefing when arrive onsite (including walkthrough slides)
Conduct full client walkthrough
Schedule and conduct all hotel / supplier pre cons (live only)
Daily staff & client briefing (confirming in writing to the team any changes to the schedule/ action plan for the day ahead)
Oversight of every workstream
Ability to fire fight and problem solve when challenges arise, with support from senior touch representative on site
Ability to jump in and support all other onsite roles at any time
Dynamic risk assessment and emergency planning, with support from governance lead and senior touch representative on site
Hosting of client team where required
Full onsite debrief with all suppliers (preparing for reconciliation and client debrief)
· Conduct full debrief with internal team prior to client de brief and provide live examples of where improvements can be made
· Manage any post event reporting requirements within timeframe supplied
· Lead and execute client specific SLA’s and process requirements
· Ensure compliance with all client privacy and security protocols
Budget Reconciliation & Finance Management
· Manage reasonably complex budgets which may pull together multiple workstreams
· Provide quotes for any additional/ out of scope items ensuring associated management fees are added.
· Ensure client savings document/ negotiation trackers are completed
· Keep track of any financial changes, savings and enhancements throughout the project. Provide regular budget revisions to client and ensure we have correct PO cover.
· Manage payment schedule with Project Finance to ensure invoicing dates and payment terms are met
· Understand cash flow of the project and work with project finance to manage
· Ensure currency exchange is managed in line with financial updates and checked regularly
· Good understanding of impacts to margin (both gross and operating margin) and limit any impact by ensuring accurate and regular updates to in/out costs
· Ensure all team members are aware of hours allocated in budget and are tracking against their Clockify hours. Analyse project team time recorded to the job to ensure detail and accuracy.
· Ensure prompt final budget reconciliation (maximum 45 days or client specific)
· Provide mentorship and day to day support of more junior members of the team
· Ensure full understanding and adherence to PROJECT LAB 360 and touch operational process
· Proactively suggest learnings or improvements for PROJECT LAB 360
· Input of timesheet activity daily
Manage and submit personal expenses and credit card reconciliations within timeframes specified
· Ensure compliance with company privacy and security protocols
· Ensure compliance with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) 2018 Regulations
· Work collaboratively with Board, Peers, and all teams to ensure effective delivery of all client projects, including travelling on site as required.
· Attend company training days as and when required.
· Attend company meetings as and when required.
· Undertake any additional task as required to support the business.
The position would suit: Project Manager, Events Project Manager, Event Project Manager, Project Manager Events, Operations Manager, Operations Project Manager, Event Project Manager, Project