Title: Technical Production Director – Creative Agency
Location: Surrey (Flex) Salary: £75k Level: Senior
Are you an experienced Technical Production Director with Agency experience”.
A dynamic and vibrant company with a core set of values that underpin all their work.
With a true understanding that the best events are delivered in partnership and by listening to their clients carefully to really understand their objectives, working collaboratively at every step of the process.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Event Producer to oversee the delivery of a variety of projects including live events, conferences, special projects, exhibitions, and virtual events. The role is a key point of contact for clients and will manage a team to ensure on brief, on time and in budget delivery which is integral to our success.
A special live events agency where creation and delivery is the beating heart of their business. Working with a number of global brands and government departments they design and deliver live events in the UK and internationally. Pioneers of human experience.
Technical Production Director Events
The Technology and Technical Production Director is responsible for manging a small team of specialist Technical production mangers whom help specify, procure and manage the delivery of technical and technology services for event and exhibition projects, with a collaborative, proactive and creative attitude. This team also work closely with the Digital production team on integrated digital projects and the application of technical solutions to digital creative ideation.
The role is still delivery based but they will have the additional responsibility of line managing the sub team including the resource planning and being part of the wider strategic leadership of the wider Production team. They must help drive the Identity business forwards, ensuring attention to detail, the highest possible quality and standards are achieved, and that there is drive for constant improvement in all that we do.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Line management of specialist technical production team with the support of the Head of / Deputy Head of Production,
· Running monthly 1-2-1s for team members
· Resource planning for projects in combination with Head of Production
· Support and direct team members on project delivery including mentoring and providing guidance for team development,
· Checking all workflows within the sub team members and being accountable for all production output within that group
· Actively be part of the strategic planning for the wider production team and the relevant client group
· Feedback and support the Head of Production in wider team management, bringing considered opinions and planning to steering group meetings
· Help drive the wider Production team to achieve the company vision and goals, and strive for continuous improvement within the team
· Work within the context of the business to ensure the creative vision becomes a reality
· Provide technical, general production and commercial input and advice to support pitch teams in the feasibility and delivery of tender proposals
· Ensure tender responses are developed and submitted within feasible delivery parameters
· Ensure tender response budgets are produced accurately ready for delivery
· Attending client meetings to take briefs and to present budgets and technical production related information as required
· Determining the best technical approach for the production delivery, feeding this into the design and costing process at the earliest opportunity. Providing specification support as needed and liaison with 3rd party consultants when required
· Become a key conduit to the Identity Digital team fostering excellent working relationship, determine best practice, ways of working and integration between between the teams
· Creating project timelines, on site schedules, transport schedules, cash flow forecasts and ensuring all detailed project management requirements are fulfilled within the production field
· Overseeing the creation and amends for design concepts, technical drawings and graphic specification documents
· Providing support and advice to Junior members of the Production team
· Produce detailed and accurate project budgets, working closely with the project management and account teams to ensure budgets are fit for client consumption
· Ensuring costs are appropriately marked up and that projects are delivered to pre agreed profit margins
· Proactively overcoming risks and issues within projects and adopting a positive attitude to issue resolution and change management
· Identifying lessons learned from projects and either feeding back to staff involved, implementing improvements or making recommendations to the Head of Production
· Maintaining and implementing best practices, documenting where necessary
· Providing formal and informal budget estimates
· Sourcing and vetting of new suppliers and contractors in partnership with Head of Production and other Senior Level production team members.
· Negotiating best value from suppliers, based on industry knowledge and experience.
· Ensuring Identity procurement procedures are followed in a clear and transparent manor.
· Ensuring consistency, quality and value for money
· Working collaboratively with the team to define payment schedules based on work completed, minimising Identity’s exposure to risk.
· Resolving Identity/contractor/supplier conflicts and disputes with the support of the Head of Production as needed
· Working with the wider team to share industry knowledge and experience, including emerging technologies and general technical upskilling across the business
· Sharing best practice with the team and identifying training opportunities both personally and for others
This list of duties is not exhaustive and other tasks and responsibilities of a reasonable nature may be required of the post holder.
Skills and Experience:
· Previous experience and specialist knowledge to be able to specify and understand networking systems, hardware / software integration, IT systems for events, VR / AR / MR hardware, virtual event production, R&D of custom build technical solutions for activations
· Previous line management experience would be a distinct advantage in this role.
· Experience in delivering events and exhibitions in an Agency environment, ideally with projects up to £2m+ and in multiple currency and has an understanding of the commercial aspects of projects
· Excellent level of computer literacy, particularly regarding databases, CAD and Microsoft applications, virtual event platforms
· Working knowledge and practical experience of event H&S process. Able to write relevant H&S plans and RAMS.
· Understands legislation and legal implications of project decisions.
· Confident in challenging suppliers, clients and management on H&S breaches and / or bad practice
· Working understanding of scenic and manufacturing processes and standards for the events and exhibition environment.
· Able to guide internal teams in specification and design process.
· Understanding of material selection
· Detailed understanding of technical production disciplines, best practice and standards for the events and exhibition environment.
· Able to support internal teams in specification and design
· In depth understanding of digital workflows and digital / physical integration
· Proven track record of technical management experience within the relevant event and exhibitions sectors and including networking / IT systems / digital integration
· Proven track record of project management experience
· Proven people management experience
· Proven organisational skills with ability to effectively multitask and manage multiple project workflows
· Proven Client management skills to include good oral and written communication
· Ability to work in a customer focused manner
· Can demonstrate the ability to carry out tasks within set timeframes
· Self-prioritise workload according to the business needs and delegate effectively.
· Excellent time management skills
This position would suit: Production Lead, Production Director, Head of Production, Experiential Production Lead, Experiential Director, Director of Experiential, Senior Production Manager, Production Manager, Executive Production Director, Production Manager Technical, Technical Production Manager, Technology Production Manager, Production Manager Technology, Senior Production Manager, Senior Production Manager Events, Senior Events Manager Technical, Technical Events Manager, Events Manager Technical.