Head of Live
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Meet our client, the cloud events specialists who bring big ideas to life.
Here they spend their days creating events that deliver the reach needed in the real world.
Working to plan, create and deliver the unique event or experience required to achieve ambitions –doing whatever
it takes to make it a tangible success.
Friendly, approachable, and reliable, everyone loves nothing more than really getting to know clients, partners, and suppliers.
Desire to make a real difference to the brands they work with and to deliver on promises; to make life that little bit
easier every day.
With a love to be challenged, they don’t rest until they have found what it is their clients are looking for. Always open to thinking differently, from spaces and budgets to objectives and timings. Nothing’s too much trouble. No idea is too big,
and no request
is too quirky. If there’s a way, we’ll find it.
When they say they tailor service to requirements and budget, they mean it. No matter the scale of event support
needed they guarantee the same standards and attention to detail. It’s this flexible approach that keeps their clients coming back again and again.
The company benefits were created by their Dream Team to ensure they appeal to a wide range of individuals.
They apply from
day one and are added onto post probation and for every year's service.
● Team Activity Days
● Company Offsite
● Additional Benefits after 1 years’ service including Private Health Care
● Fitness membership upon passing probation
● 28 days holiday (inc. UK public holidays). Additional days holiday for each year of service (capped at 5)
● Birthdays Off
● Pay Day early finish - Fridays (15:00)
● Thurs Office Drinks
We require a seasoned events operations leader for live events to drive forward the strategic evolution of our projects team, setting our event professionals at all levels up for success in all areas of event delivery. Acting as the standard bearer, our Head of Live Projects will ensure quality across the team, facilitating their execution of outstanding events which truly meet our clients’ needs and SLAs. They will be able to navigate through complex,
client-sensitive matters, adopting a commercial approach, developing, and controlling operational procedures, policies and budgets to promote proﬁtability. They will also ensure the company has all the resources required to meet its objectives within agreed ﬁnancial parameters, playing a key role in ensuring the long-term proﬁtability. They will also play a pivotal role in translating our clients’ objectives and messaging into an engaging story.
● Set quarterly team OKRs, establishing the priorities for the team and a strategy for achievement. Convert this into actionable, relatable steps for all levels within the Operations team
● Update on OKR progress during Company All Hands and Board meetings
● Establish sustainability OKRs to apply to the way the company approaches and delivers projects
● Set the standard and act as a go-to person for advice and guidance on handling complex operational, commercial and client relationship questions from across the Operations team
● Make yourself available to support the team, being seen as an accessible, empathetic and
● Support the Resourcing Manager in strategically allocating team members to won and existing projects, based on skill-set and capacity
● Taking a proactive approach to forecasting resourcing pinch points and upcoming resource
● Collaborate with the Resourcing Manager in the use of data to monitor team capacities and impact on performance
● Dissect client briefs to allocated teams, ensuring understanding of the project objectives
● Approve high-value POs, contracts and budgets to ensure proﬁtability and maximising revenue opportunities
● Review proposals and client documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness. Check for
errors, omissions, or discrepancies, and ensure that the proposals meet the client's requirements and expectations.
● Supports the team with any negotiation, querying or rescoping of contracts, including client
● Leads the team in strategic supplier selection, sourcing new, relevant suppliers where required, acting as a partner to the Relationship Manager
● Ensuring accurate project reconciliation within the team and adherence to SLAs
● Assess (and then periodically review) the project lifecycle processes and the interplay with wider business processes, taking a collaborative approach by involving the team and carrying out implementation plans
● Lead weekly Ops Team meetings
● Attend project debrief meetings to praise team members on jobs well done and/or implement any learnings
● Attending key client events to show solidarity and support Project teams
● Covering on site in emergencies, where necessary
● Dissect client briefs (both existing and new accounts) and;
○ work with Pitch Captains and Resourcing Manager on developing RFP teams
○ If necessary, challenge client briefs for the good of project delivery and business integrity
● Collaborate with Business Development on any escalated delivery issues, fact ﬁnding and
taking corrective action, if necessary
● Support the team in identifying and securing new business opportunities to increase revenue growth and develop existing client portfolio
● Support the team in evaluating client proﬁtability by gathering, analysing and interpreting
data and metrics
● Actively network with industry contacts and suppliers, staying on top of trends and news
● Take an active interest in team growth, catalysing team strengths to push performance and facilitating opportunities
● Implement and develop Ops training materials to ensure the eﬃcient ramp-up of new
joiners and consistent high level of delivery within the Operations team
● Scheduling new starters to an event with an appropriate on-site role to shadow
● Maintain a birds-eye view of the Operations team, recommending reporting lines and team structures to respond eﬀectively to organisational and individual needs
● Input into Operations team performance conversations when requested
● Carry out performance conversations for direct reports, showing genuine investment in their long-term career aspirations and development
● Actively and willingly input into the Operations career framework, informing the skills and
capability expectations at each level within the team
FINANCIAL & OTHER
● Maintain oversight of project budget accuracy, proﬁt margins and commission included
● Assuming responsibility for the division budget and wise allocation of resources
● Suggesting topics and preparing reports, presentations and data to bring to Board level attention
● Attending Board meetings
● Proven experience and knowledge of the events industry, understanding the nuances of varying event formats and client-types
● A natural, experienced leader, well-versed in motivating and empowering the team, acting as
a role model, coach and mentor, particularly when inevitable challenges arise
● Emotionally intelligent individual, able to set standards and moderate authority and support, knowing the value of when to listen.
● Maintains the resilience and stamina required to sustain performance when under pressure
● Commercially minded individual able to set and execute team strategy based on logic
● Ensures alignment with other departments, not afraid to respectfully challenge and reprioritise, balancing the ongoing demands of supporting the team vs the needs of the business
● An openness to incorporating company culture into processes and the way we do things,
taking a collaborative approach with the Ops and wider team in introducing initiatives and process improvements.
● Ability to foresee issues based on previous experience, critically evaluating situations with a
● Expert in managing demands from multiple workstreams and stakeholders, able to prioritise what is most important
● Embraces change and evolution
● Passionate about supporting the team to be the best that they can be
● A willingness to muck in and help, no matter how menial the task, if it will support the team to achieve their deadlines
● A true team player who embodies the values of the team
● Continuously demonstrates honesty and integrity
● An ability to build long term, mutually beneﬁcial relationships
This position would suit: Project Director, Event Project Director, Client Services Director Agency, Agency Client Services Director, Account Director Live Events, , Client Services Director Events, Events Services Director, Head of Client Services, Director of Client Services, Account Director Senior Account Manager Live Events, Live Events Project Director, Live Events Director, Head of Events, Events Director, Director of Events, Senior Project Manager Senior Events Manager, Senior Events Project Manager, Head of Live, Head of Event Operations, Live Events Director, Director of Live Events. would suit: Client Services Director Agency, Agency Client Services Director, Account