Great technology is one thing, great administration is everything!
To oversee the successful execution of all Event Technology projects and manage a dedicated Technology Team including use of touch preferred technology ecosystem. Ensure implementation of best practices and procedures within the Technology Team & operations structure. To work with the leadership team to support cohesiveness and motivation and foster a pro-active coaching environment within the team, and collaborate with the Delegate Management team and other internal departments. To lead the team in development and training.
· Line management responsibility for the Technology Team
· Resource management and workload allocation
· Escalation points for issues on assigned projects within the team
· Leave and sickness requests
· Performance reviews & development
· New starter onboarding
· Working with the Leadership team to drive innovation and evolve the touch digital ecosystem in line with industry trends, client requirements and feedback
· Working with operational teams to establish project specific technology requirements and proposing the best technology solutions based on scope and budget.
· Identifying any technology specific issues and promptly reporting to the relevant partner and/or internal stakeholder.
· Exceptional knowledge of the event technology market, staying ahead of the rapidly steepening curve and working with the Delegate Engagement team to deploy technologies.
· Advanced knowledge of the touch preferred technology suite and implementation procedures
· Trouble shooting with internal team
· Support the Client team in the implementation of all Client Relationship Strategies
· Support the Client team in the preparation of RFP & Proposals as required
· Attend Client pitch / presentation as required
· Attend Client meetings, calls and reviews on a regular basis or as required
· Communicate changes to Client structure as and when relevant
Project / Operational Delivery Management
· Planning and development of all project / event activities in partnership with Client Services Leads & Associate and Board Directors as appropriate
· Management of the technology operational teams and Client projects ensuring engagement, where possible, of all service areas within touch
· Ensure all Client specific SLA’s and process requirements are included in the management of the project where required
· Work with the Leadership Team to enhance and revise operations policies and procedures and update and revise internal procedures to ensure the ongoing successful delivery of all projects / events.
· Ensure best practices are shared across all Client Teams and Delegate Operation Leads.
· Manage and implement Client and touch project objectives, ensuring initial team briefings take place and ongoing project meetings are implemented as and when required to ensure profitable and successful delivery of all events within agreed timeframes
· Review the team briefing and debrief meetings and ensure implementation of ‘learning/best practice’ for delivery across all operational teams
· Liaising with the touch Governance Manager to ensure that all processes are updated and the Technology team are trained accordingly on all processes.
· Ensure all Technology team are onboarded with client specific onboarding requirements working with the touch Governance Manager
· Ensure compliance with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) 2018 Regulations and other relevant legal requirements specific to Technology
Budget Reconciliation & Finance Management
· Review and give final sign off to all client Technology documents ensuring:
o Client SLA’s are taken into account
o Profit maximization
o Accurate charging of costs (Supplier & Expenses) to the budget
· Review, analyse and update Job Log weekly (or as required) to ensure all information current and accurate with service costs allocated appropriately
· Prepare monthly Client project / team cost analysis to ensure team & recruitment costs as assessed against client budget
· Raise client invoices within SLA timeframes specified
· Ensure prompt reconciliation post event (maximum 30 working days or client specific)
· Manage and submit personal expenses and credit card reconciliations within timeframes specified
· Manage and approve team expenses and credit card reconciliations within timeframes specified
· Working with Leadership team in the management of freelance budget & resource allocation across operational teams
· Working with the Leadership team and Senior Group Talent Lead, monitor development plans for all team members taking into account:
Current Skills Analysis
Training Needs Analysis
Individual’s Needs & Desires
Development Planning Strategies
· Develop, mentor and coach all direct reports ensuring periodic meetings to discuss progress and review development plans
· Provide consistent leadership, motivation and direction to all team members.
This position would suit: Solutions Lead, Technology Lead, Technology Solutions Lead, Digital Solutions Manager, Digital Lead, Senior Technology Manager, Senior Solutions Manager, Solutions Manager, Event Technology Lead, Live Events Technology, Event Technology Manager, Technology Manager.