Title: Delegate Manager Operations Lead – Creative Agency
Location: Surrey (Flex) Salary: XX
Package: EXCELLENT – 25 days holiday, Performance Related Bonus, Health Insurance, Pension @ 4%, New Business Incentive, Flexible Working PLUS a SUPERB CULTURE.
We are looking for an agency Delegate Manager Operations Lead, who has worked with Cvent and has experience of delegate registration management (experience of working in a similar role)
Our client is a full-service engagement agency delivering magic for audiences in
virtual, hybrid and live events, strategy, content, production, and technology
They help to solve complex brand, communication, engagement, and logistical challenges for
some of the world’s leading organizations and the primary experience, know and focus is on the
To oversee the successful execution of all Delegate Management aspects of projects and manage
a dedicated Delegate Management Team including full delegate registration and use of preferred technology suite. Ensure implementation of best practices and procedures within the Delegate Management Team & operations structure. To work with the leadership team to support cohesiveness and motivation and foster a pro-active coaching environment within the Delegate Management Team. To lead the team in development and training.
We believe that….
ü Loving what you do is infectious
ü Events & Communications need to be engaging. Only then will they deliver results
ü We learn every day, inspired by your world, the Events & Communications industry and the ever-fascinating interactions with human behaviour
ü There is always something to share
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
· Support the Client team in the implementation of all Client Relationship Strategies
· Support the Client team in the preparation of RFP & Proposals as required
· Attend Client pitch / presentation as required
· Attend Client meetings, calls and reviews on a regular basis or as required
· Communicate changes to Client structure as and when relevant
Project / Operational Delivery Management
· Planning and development of all project / event activities in partnership with Client Services Leads & Associate and Board Directors as appropriate
· Management of the delegate operational teams and Client projects ensuring engagement, where possible, of all service areas
· Ensure all Client specific SLA’s and process requirements are included in the management of the project where required
· Work with the Leadership Team to enhance and revise operations policies and procedures and update and revise internal procedures to ensure the ongoing successful delivery of all projects / events.
· Ensure best practices are shared across all Client Teams and Delegate Operation Leads.
· Manage and implement Client and project objectives, ensuring initial team briefings take place and ongoing project meetings are implemented as and when required to ensure profitable and successful delivery of all events within agreed timeframes
· Review the team briefing and debrief meetings and ensure implementation of ‘learning/best practice’ for delivery across all operational teams
Delegate Management Responsibilities
· Excellent knowledge of Delegate Management end-to-end job function across all types of events including, congress, standalone, incentive and virtual.
· Experience in working across a variety of sectors including Pharma, automotive, finance and technology
· Advanced knowledge of aviation practices, working closely with the preferred flight partners to ensure best working practices with regards to flight analysis and offers.
· Advanced knowledge of housing management processes, including contracting, attrition management, deadlines and best practices
· Ownership and rollout of delegate management working templates (client specific and generic)
· Advanced Microsoft Excel skills – ability to advise and support the Delegate Management team in using the key tool in their kit.
· Advanced Data Analysis skills – ability to support the delegate management team in best practices
· Liaising with the Governance Manager to ensure that all Delegate Management processes are updated and the Delegate Management Team are trained accordingly on all processes.
· Ensure all Delegate Management Team are onboarded with client specific onboarding requirements working with the Governance Manager
· Ensure compliance with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) 2018 Regulations
Budget Reconciliation & Finance Management
· Review and interrogate the initial client brief to ensure accurate time for Delegate Management services is included in event budgets.
· Review and give final sign off to all client Delegate Management documents ensuring:
o Client SLA’s are taken into account
o Profit maximization
o Accurate charging of costs (Supplier & Expenses) to the budget
· Review, analyse and update Job Log weekly (or as required) to ensure all information current and accurate with service costs allocated appropriately
· Prepare monthly Client project / team cost analysis to ensure team & recruitment costs as assessed against client budget
· Raise client invoices within SLA timeframes specified
· Ensure prompt reconciliation post event (maximum 30 working days or client specific)
· Manage and submit personal expenses and credit card reconciliations within timeframes specified
· Working with Director or Events in the management of freelance budget & resource allocation across event operational teams
· Regularly review the book of work and liaise with account management and operational teams to fully understand resource needs and project scope to identify and assign appropriate resource.
· Ensure appropriate resource is in place for annual leave and onsite cover
· Working with the Director of Events and Associate Director Talent Management, monitor development plans for all team members taking into account:
o Current Skills Analysis
o Training Needs Analysis
o Individual’s Needs & Desires
o Development Planning Strategies
· Develop, mentor and coach all direct reports ensuring periodic meetings to discuss progress and review development plans
· Provide consistent leadership, motivation and direction to all team members
· Ensure all Operations teams are consistently sharing best practice and delivering to standards at all times
· Prepare monthly Client project analysis to ensure team & recruitment costs are assessed against client budget
· Participate in the interviewing and selection of new team members once approved by Board Director
· Input and management of team holiday and lieu day requests
· Good knowledge of the event technology market, specifically registration platforms and the management of attendee data within the platforms.
· Advanced working knowledge of the preferred registration platform Cvent. This includes managing attendee data, creating and deploying attendee communications and the reporting module.
· Advanced knowledge of the wider preferred technology suite and implementation procedures
· Input and management of resource allocation to job
· Input of personal timesheet activity on a weekly basis
· Approval of team timesheet activity on a weekly basis