Junior Project Manager
Up to £25,000
Our client is an experiential marketing and events agency dedicated exclusively to the automotive and luxury brand industry. They work with an impressive range of brands by providing solutions designed to transform the consumer experience. They are now looking for a Junior Project Manager with at least 1 year’s event experience.
Are you a graduate with 1-2 years’ experience in a coordinator role, as either an Event Assistant, Project Coordinator, or Event Executive?
If you have an agency background this would be even more exciting to our client.
Sound of interest? Please read on!
The Role of Junior Project Manager
The Junior Project Manager plays a central support role on a variety of projects, by efficiently, flexibly and pro-actively helping their Project Management team.
With a confident approach and positive outlook, the Junior Project Manager enables the wider project team to deliver outstanding results and exceptional client service at all times. The core role of the Junior Project Manager is supportive and multi-disciplinary and this role will cover a variety of roles - sometimes on the same project - including, production, technical, content, research, logistics, admin including budget monitoring and of course excellent and diligent client and supplier contact – all the time displaying good interpersonal skills.
What do you do, day to day?
- Duties cover elements such as event projects, content, creative, technical and budget control and admin.
- Helps set up and attends regular internal and external creative and content meetings - proactively contributes to such meetings and as appropriate records and minutes these meetings.
- Documents and records meetings and produces timely, accurate, succinct draft contact reports for internal producer review and approval and then manage onward external distribution within 24 hrs of any meeting
- Liaise and negotiate better rates and services with suppliers, venues and other service providers
- Input accurate project costing data to provide valid costings for the project director.
- Input own accurate time sheet data. Instigate regular team project reports on project timesheet analysis
- Logistics support includes – research and investigate venue both in UK/internationally, set up and undertake comprehensive site inspections, (often accompanying clients), negotiate firmly and authoritatively with venues and other suppliers to ensure the best rates are offered to clients and to attend venue and logistics supplier meetings and take minutes as required
- Manage specific areas of the project as directed by the project director.
- Organise and set-up onsite production offices that must be well designed and tidy with good IT infrastructure.
- Research for projects and pitches to then help interpret that research often into draft PPT presentations
- Complete insurance documents and event safety files
- Deputise for producer and other project members on occasion
- Postproduction responsibilities including logging goods & materials returning from events and archiving carefully.
What kind of person are you?
- A graduate within events, who has either had a work placement, or has had a year working in industry
- Superb attitude – willing to help proactively. You are willing to seize responsibility
- You are already well organised with good administration skills and flawless attention to detail
- You are good with people at all levels
- You are unfazed by tight deadlines and conflicting priorities and remain calm and collected under pressure
- You either are - or have the potential to be - a confident communicator and presenter. Well aware and already skilled with various social media channels inc Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn etc.
- You are a quick learner, willing to grow and develop
- You are interested in content, technical and logistical aspects of operations
- You have a good working knowledge of MS office and PPT
- You keep up to date with event/creative/media industry advances
This role will also suit:
Project manager, Project Coordinator, Project Manager, Project Assistant, Project co-ordinator, Event Manager, Event Assistant, Event Project Assistant, Event Co-ordinator, Event Manager, Event coordinator, Event Manger, Experiential Assistant, Experiential Coordinator,