Our client is a leading Meeting and Events agency based in Leicestershire who are looking for an experienced Account Director to manage and develop existing and new accounts, in addition to growing client relationships to their full potential.
This role will oversee a large team of event planners at various levels who manage prestigious client events globally. The Account Director will also manage, train and develop the account team to meet individuals’ needs and company’s business objectives.
Reporting to the Operations Director, this is an exciting opportunity for someone who has already been a successful line manager of a sizeable team for at least 3 years, and at least 7 years’ experience in the event industry as an event planner.
Ideally the right person would have previous pharma experience.
Sound of interest?
Key Responsibilities of the Account Director
Client Liaison and Account Development
· Responsible for managing the team in the delivery of all events, meeting the clients’ business objectives in line with the company’s quality and service levels
· Maintaining close liaison with key client contacts working in partnership with them to meet their business objectives
· Growing key accounts in line with the business development strategy agreed with the Business Development team and Sales Support
· Taking ownership and responsibility for growth of non-key accounts in line with agreed business plan targets
· Advise clients on the best event strategy and means to achieve their business objectives from a programme, message delivery, content and communications perspective for all events
· Delivering quality events that make a real impact
· Working with the Business development team and Marketing department to promote new services
· Gather knowledge of clients’ products in order to benefit the quality of projects operated, and achieve a better understanding of the clients’ business, and communicate relevant information to the team
· Manage Client Review Meetings: process/preparation of materials and reporting
· Planning strategic content and execution of Capabilities/Credentials Presentations
· Client forecasting and budgeting
· Responsible for delivery of all events in accordance with regulatory and client defined compliance guidelines, SLAs and other contract terms
· Thorough understand of clients MSAs and SLAs
· Overall responsibility for delivery of RFPs, proposals and presentations within allocated accounts with support from Sales Support where necessary
· On-site attendance at pre-defined key events within allocated accounts
Staff Development, Motivation and Management
· Managing and overseeing the planning, resources and implementation of events with the business unit, using the support of service departments and external resources
· Motivating, training and developing business unit with the support of the Head of Operational Excellence in line with staff development plans
Financial Management and Development
· Responsibility for the overall financial management of each event by working closely with direct line reports to ensure the expected revenues and margins are met in line with the agreed contribution target
· Working closely with the Business Development team on the development of existing accounts to achieve the maximum level of growth
· Working with the Head of Live Events in order to increase the proportion of full-service events staged to raise the profile of the Company with existing clients as a full-service agency
· Working with the Head of Operational Excellence to ensure staff engagement, morale and development is at the forefront of all direct and non-direct line reports
This role would also suit:
Project Director, Account Director, Senior Account Manager, Senior Project Manager, Senior Project Director, Project Director, Senior Event Director, Event Director, Event Project Director, Senior Event Project Director, Director of Events, Events Director, Event Director, Live Events Director, Experiential Director, Director of Experiential Events, Senior Event Manager, Senior Project Manager, Senior Project Manager,l Events Director, Account Director, Senior Account Director, Group Account Director, Client Services Director, Client Services Manager Events.