Social Media and Business Development Executive
Up to £25,000
Our client is a creative leading communications and events management consultancy based in leafy Surrey.
We are recruiting a Business Development Executive with high awareness in social media to work full time in their dynamic, fast-paced agency environment.
Purpose of the Social Media & Business Development Role
You will be responsible for supporting the senior team with their client relationships and enquiries on business development deliverables. Working on live event project deliveries including internal agency digital marketing requirements. Working with a small but energetic and hands on team, delivering on existing client work, establishing and building relationships, and seeking new opportunities and fostering business growth.
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to pitches, be creative and be confident to speak up with ideas and be a part of the creative process. Also to be from time to time fully involved in event delivery
Supporting senior executives to manage the business development and sales pipeline, including the achievement of financial targets and the building of relationships with potential key clients.
This role would suit someone with up 2- 3 years external experience in a related communications field. Would naturally have strong, professional written and verbal communication skills.
We are looking for someone who wants to learn and grow within this boutique creative organisation, working with the best of the best in integrating live events and transformational communication.
Responsibilities - Social Media
- Work with the senior team to define and create social media and integrated digital strategies for clients, which collaborate with marketing, PR and advertising campaigns, researching, influencers, competitors, and trends in clients’ industries.
- Planning, insight, mapping and content creation direction
- Analyse and report social media activity on a monthly basis to clients, and for new opportunities.
- Finger on the pulse, stay current with digital and social media trends and tools – includes attending relevant events, networking, avid interest on future gazing, including key news sources and influencers in this space
- Continue to refine and define the agency social marketing process to maximise impact
- To help create solid branding messages that’s reflected across marketing materials, social media content and shared by employees
Responsibilities - Business Development
- Proactively research and identify contacts and opportunities within the existing UK and group client portfolio as well as the CRM database
- Review, cleanse and maintain CRM database
- Achieve agreed divisional financial targets, in conjunction with the Business Development Manager (BDM)
- Support business development with the management of all processes associated with the development and management of the division’s new business prospects
- Arrange introductory appointments with new contacts
- Attend initial meetings to identify client needs when required
- Create detailed briefing documents for opportunities when required
- Draft pitch documents and presentations
- Create detailed client mapping
- Attend networking opportunities when require
- Provide weekly activity reporting to BDM and Company Directors
- Experience in preparing sales proposals
- Demonstrated ability to work in a structured and methodical manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an eye for detail
- Computer literate in Microsoft products
Personal Attributes of the Social Media & Business Development Executive
- Highly polished, professional appearance & manner
- Well-spoken, articulate, confident and a good listener
- Warm, outgoing inclusive personality
- Responsive, proactive and innovative
- A team player and a team leader: able to command the support and respect of the team
- Sense of humour and a positive mental attitude are a must!
- Knowledge of social media and analytics software (Hootsuite, Falcon, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc.).
- Ability to blog about social media on the agency website based on research, experience, and relevant social media news.
- Exceptional time management skills including the ability to handle multiple clients with changing priorities.
- Ideally educated to Degree level or equivalent – preferable in communications and/or marketing related disciplines
- At least 2-3 years’ experience working within the sales and marketing sector - either creative agency or client side
- Previous proven practical experience in event communications and strategy planning
- Understanding or experience of conceiving and delivering internal employee engagement training programmes
This role would also suit:
Live Events Coordinator, Marketing Coordinator, Social Media Account Coordinator, Marketing Account Manager, Junior Planner, Marketing Account Coordinator, Social Media Assistant, Social Media Account Assistant, Account Executive Digital, Digital Account Executive, Business Development Coordinator, Business Development Manager, Graduate Recruitment, Graduate Events Recruitment.