Senior Project Manager
Our client is a leading Events Agency who create and deliver unforgettable content and experiences. They work with some of the world’s best known brands, bringing to life their messages through events and conferences in the UK and around the globe.
They are looking for an experienced Senior Project to be based in their Manchester office.
The role will be to lead multiple complex projects, and the assigned teams, in the effective and timely delivery of the overall Logistics activity, both in pre-production, on-site and post-production. This role will be working across multiple clients and on varying timescales.
Do you have experience managing complex projects gained from a variety of large-scale projects and events? If so, we would love to hear from you.
About the role of Senior Project Manager
The role will be to:
- Lead the assigned logistics team to continually seek and deliver class-leading solutions
- Lead, mentor and engage with all levels of team members to develop our stars of the future
- Initiate and oversee accurate project plans and schedules, acting appropriately should the activity change and directly managing and troubleshooting any increased scope
- Clearly communicate with all team members, ensuring all up to date information is correct, concise and shared in a timely manner
- Provide support and assistance to all colleagues actively working on the project, ensuring that each team member is compliant with all brief specifications and regulations
- Successfully negotiate with 3rd party providers and suppliers
- Responsible for leading logistical relationships with designated clients to ensure key contacts become advocates of Creative Communication within their organisation
- Actively build and sustain positive client relationships, providing continuous support, whilst helping facilitate the first-class delivery of work by the team
- Actively promote the full range of services that are available within the agency to build the strength of the business relationship through delivery of value added services
- Ensure team members are effectively managed, coached, mentored and encouraged to develop their talent and skills. Provide relevant assistance by creating clear development plans, in conjunction with HR and in line with business and individual needs
- Continuously adapt and adjust approaches to benefit the client needs ensuring high standards of client satisfaction
- Take full responsibility of budget management and cash flow for assigned projects
- Commercial awareness -maximise income opportunities whilst providing best value for the client, review of management fee vs time in addition to third party cost savings and opportunities to create added value
- Champion visionary opportunities in the successful development of new and innovative technologies, which enhance our industry knowledge and develop our market leading capabilities
Yours experience will be:
- Solid event management experience gained from a variety of large-scale projects and events, a specialist in complex logistics
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload / delegate as necessary, on an individual and team basis, including management of tasks ranging from accommodation, venue, AV & staging requirements, catering, transport, registration and the registration process
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment and enjoy working with both internal and external stakeholders, suppliers and teams
- Proven pedigree in developing client and supplier relationships and the ability to deliver market leading capabilities in the logistics field
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Excellent financial and resource management skills combined with good negotiation skills
- Positive can-do attitude
- Excellent communication and literacy skills
- Idea generation and solutions focused
- Lateral hinker with an impeccable eye for detail
- Strong presentation skills, with proven track record of pitches and leading client meetings
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism
- Ability to lead mentor develop and engage with assigned teams
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations of quality
- Flexibility to travel and work outside of normal office hours
- Extensive industry and project management experience
Please contact us right away!
This role would also suit:
Project Manager, Project Director, Project co-ordinator, Event Manager, Event Director, Event Project Director, PCO, Senior Project Manager, Senior Project Co-ordinator, Event co-ordinator, Senior Event Manager, Event Project Manager, Event Project co-ordinator, Experiential Event Manager, Experiential Event co-ordinator, Experiential Head of Events, Production Manager, Production Co-ordinator, Production Executive, Senior Production, Experiential Production Manager, Experiential co-ordinator, Experience Manager, Live Events Production Manager, Production Manager Live Events, Experience Production Manager