Client Services Director
Our client is a top events agency who are looking for an experienced Client Services Director to join their London team. You will be working with a number of key clients, in particular supporting on the strategic direction of their events. You must have previous event agency experience and be comfortable discussing event content and strategy at a senior level.
If you have outstanding interpersonal skills, excellent presentation skills, confident in networking and relationship building, we would love to hear from you!
Key Responsibilities of the Client Services Director
- Project Management – full responsibility for managing the delivery of a portfolio of client projects across multiple account teams. Including large scale and high budget. Taking on or overseeing others in briefing internal departments, supplier liaison, content development, technical, logistics and delegate management. Attending all events run out of account teams.
- Content Development – Lead and drive creative content across all media, including digital, video, graphics and other communication materials
- Financial Management – Oversee financial management of all projects with account team, being responsible for job profitability and maximising margin in line with agreed margin targets. Understanding and managing specific client contract obligations. Ensuring all jobs are cash flow positive. Working with Operations Director to track average day rate to ensure jobs are costed accurately and company targets on average day rates are met.
- Process and Quality Control – Be a beacon of best practice with the Production team. Ensure Account teams deliver projects in line with ISO 9001 standards. Offering solutions and suggestions for process improvement and efficiencies. Maintaining high quality of execution in everything the Account Teams produce to ensure client satisfaction exceeds targets as set by business
- ROT – ownership of ROT targets within the account team and obtaining client buy-in to the framework and ensuring objectives set meet requirements and that effective and timely measurement is in the place. Challenging Senior Account Managers/Account Managers to step outside the day to day and think more strategically
- Resource Management – Working with the Operations Director to ensure effective allocation of resources within the team so that clients are best serviced
- Client Management – Overseeing the production process, attending client meetings as necessary, communicating at levels up to and including Board level. Creating touch-points with more senior contacts, understanding client strategy to enable higher level conversations and communicating any client opportunities.
- New Business – Working with Client Relationship Director to identify new business opportunities. Attend new business meetings and networking events. Working with the Operations Director to allocate resource and leading account team in delivering of pitch. Ensuring pitch meets with the client’s requirements and strategy and is in line with our brand proposition.
- Business Development – responsible for putting together client business development plans. Attend new business meetings and networking events. Working with the Operations Director to allocate resource and leading account team in delivering of pitch. Ensuring pitch meets with the client’s requirements and strategy and is in line with our brand proposition.
- Line Management – Line Management of Senior Account Managers/Account Managers and their respective teams. Strong leadership and performance management ensuring account teams perform at a high level. Supporting and enabling staff to develop through training and regular communication including probationary meetings, appraisals and other performance related meetings.
Skills required of the Account Director
- Outstanding interpersonal skills – excellent presenter and confident at communicating at a senior level (Exec/board) including facilitation
- Experienced networker and relationship builder
- Organisational skills and attention to detail
- Good stress management
- Autonomous – taking ownership and responsibility
- Strategic thinker – ability to rise above, read the market and anticipate change
- Leadership – leads by example, establishes trust and respect. Ability to performance manage teams
- Influencer and ability to manage change through teams
- Financial acumen: reporting and forecasting
- Resource allocation and planning
- Goal setting
- Flexible – ability to adapt in the moment and responsive to change
- Creative and dynamic – think outside the box, challenge the norm
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to see projects through
- Computer literate
- Comprehensive event production agency experience
- Large budget event experience - including international preferable
- Line management experience essential
- Experience of using ROI methodology essential
- Experience of content development and how to bring alive messaging in a conference environment
- Experience of working with internal communications teams essential
- Experience of video production essential
This role would also suit:
Account Director, Group Account Director, Client Services manager, Client Services Director, Events Account Director, Events Account Manager, Internal Events Manager, Internal Communications Manager, Account Manager, Incentive Manager, Event Manager, Senior Account Manager, Senior Account Executive, Senior Event Manager, Event Agency, Incentive Travel Agency, Client Services Manager, Senior Client Services Manager, Head of Events Agency, Agency Head of Events, Event Director, Senior Event Director, Director of Events Agency, Agency Director of Events, General Manager Events
Creative services Manager, Account Manager, Head of Sales, Sales Director, Business Development Manager, Business Development Executive, Sales Executive, New Business Manager, Lead Generator, Relationship Manager, Senior Sales Manager, Senior Sales Executive, Senior Business Development Manager, Telephone Sales Manager, Networking Manager, Senior Relationship Manager, Event Sales Manager, Event Sales Executive, Event Sales, Prospect Manager, Business Development Director, Event Sales Director