Senior/Venue Sourcing Specialist – Events Agency
Our client is a global leader in event and meeting management, with an office in Birmingham. They deliver over 35,000 events each year, worldwide, and work with a large range of industries.
They are looking for a dynamic Venue Sourcing Specialist with at least 1 year’s meeting and events experience, to deliver all the venue sourcing requirements of identified or various client accounts and be a trusted advisor to clients within this specialist area.
Sound of interest? Read on!
Purpose of the role of Senior/Venue Sourcing Specalist
- To deliver all the venue sourcing requirements of identified or various client accounts and be a trusted advisor to clients within this specialist area.
- To provide the highest possible level of personal venue finding service to key clients
- To forge and develop relationships across all levels of the business imparting best in class market knowledge of meeting facilities and providers and thus supporting clients key objectives in meeting arranging.
- To ensure maximum revenue generation in all areas whilst always ensuring significant ROI to the client
Key Areas of Responsibility of the Sourcing Specialist:
- To maximise client revenue through up selling and promotion of the company’s services.
- To be continually aware of the departmental targets and client income
- To ensure cancellations are managed in line with the company’s standards and procedures
- To maximise all income opportunities and to be actively aware of commission rates, preferred partners securing and negotiating enhanced levels wherever possible.
- To undertake face to face meetings with clients as and when required to do so
- For allocated client accounts, to immerse yourself in allocated client brand and culture through understanding of their market place and competitor landscape
- To support the rest of the business pillars by providing them with new and existing leads within client account.
- To coordinate venue visits for the client and where necessary arrange for you to accompany them
- Understand and keep up to date with individual clients processes and procedures
- To understand, qualify and accurately detail the clients brief (enquiry) and contact the client directly to obtain any missing information before sourcing can begin
- Contact the list of suitable venues by either telephone, email or external online sourcing platforms and check availability for all required facilities
- Negotiate rates and terms and conditions with the venue on the client’s behalf utilizing preferred venues to achieve the best rates and commission where applicable.
- To ensure all incoming calls and written communication are actioned promptly, efficiently and dealt with in an appropriate manner responding to the business and client needs
- To adhere to the company standard or Client Specific Service Level agreements (where required).
- Identify upselling opportunities and action accordingly
Skills and Required Qualifications:
· Word / Excel / PowerPoint and general IT skills essential
· Strong multi-tasker who works well under pressure and can easily deal with short lead requests
· Accomplished and confident negotiator
· Able to self-motivate
· Creative, open-minded and willingness to adapt
· An excellent communicator & team player
· At least 1 year’s experience in working in Meetings & Events
· Knowledge of Cvent or Lanyon (Desirable)
· Language skills (Desirable)
This role would also suit:
Venue Sourcing Executive, Venue Sourcing Coordinator, Venue Sourcing Manager, Venue Source, Sourcing Executive, Sourcing Manager, Operations Manager, Operations co-ordinator, Project Executive Events, Events Project Executive, Venue Finding Executive, Venue Finding, Venue Finder, Venue Finding Manager
Venue Sourcing Executive, Venue Sourcing Coordinator, Venue Sourcing Manager, Venue Source, Sourcing Executive,